View Single Post
#6: 09-08-2012, 12:55 PM

SUBIENUBIE13
Title: Junior Member
Car: LGT '12
Send a private message to SUBIENUBIE13 Find all posts by SUBIENUBIE13 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgen2.5i View Post
sweet! can you post up what kind of window film and a little process detail on the install. i may give this a shot on both cars this weekend.
Thanks!! these are the materials I used at the bottom of the post. all found in the interior window section in home depot. :P

Basically, I cut a piece of the film larger than the tail like sprayed the tail light with the stuff in the instillation package. (make sure the tail light is pretty when so it squeegees the air bubbles out nicely) applied the film and smoothed out the bubbles and trimmed it to about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch away form the light edge. then i rolled the edges and used the plastic tool to stuff it tight into the seam so it wouldn't just peal off . (if you spray where you are trying to tuck it into the seam it stuffs a little easier but loosens the grip until it evaporates.) This was the hardest part because some of the tail lights seams were tighter than others so be careful not to push to hard on it for it will break the film.. happened a couple times but its barely noticeable. then i used the packaged blade to trim it to the line between the red lens and the clear lens. (I think it looks sharp like that) then i used gorilla tape with the trunk open to pull the film tight into the trunk area because the film doesn't like to stick to the textured surface in the trunk gap. (this looks chincy too but its hardly noticeable.) Then i repeated the step for the rest of the lights.. It took 3 attempts on the first light to find the best method but that's all in the fun.

Let me know how things go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZY KEN View Post
...good job!!!

http://s515.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MOV03706.mp4

Tinted my moonroof limo black and did my a-pillars too,

Keep on modding...

CRAZYKEN
Sick CRAZYKEN!!! your car looks sweeeet! I'm def going to keep modding.

Window tint is next on my list.

question. How did you do your tail lights? similar method or did you use a different product?? or have it done professionally?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-08_14-32-50_593.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	338.0 KB
ID:	128200  
The Following User Says Thank You to SUBIENUBIE13 For This Useful Post:
mosthated (09-10-2012)