View Single Post
#12: 09-07-2012, 10:59 PM

shtbxr22
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: 05 GTO 6MT, RIP Spec B
Send a private message to shtbxr22 Find all posts by shtbxr22
And to update yet again......I pulled the engine again, and found a crack in cylinder #3. After lengthy discussions with a few engine builders, a mechanical engineer, and another machinist, I/we have discovered the problem resulted from faulty boring procedures. I won't get into it, because it really doesn't matter anymore. I have gotten a 11k mile STI (2011) engine block at stock bore (99.5), bought new 99.5 wiseco pistons, and will be reassembling all this junk when I get the parts back from being balanced. Items being balanced will be, crank pulley/sprocket, crankshaft, rods, pistons, flywheel, clutch disk, and pressure plate. while in this process, I have disassembled/cleaned both heads, lapped all 16 valves in, readjusted all the valves, and replaced all intake/exhaust valve seals. I will also be getting the tune adjusted for the new buyer. reasons for the tune adjust is because two exhaust gaskets were leaking, both tgv seals were leaking, all the valves were slightly out of adjustment, and I believe the cracked cylinder was present prior to the tune. I have blown over another $1k in parts to fix this thing, so the price will be going back to the original $25k.