View Single Post
#8: 09-05-2012, 09:52 PM

Gelacy
Title: Contributor
Car: Speeding ticket magnet
Send a private message to Gelacy Find all posts by Gelacy Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirgrover View Post
Im no drag racer I just want a nice car for road trips and just getting around in style, ha. I live in Massachusetts so it would be nice to have the AWD. I test drove a 2011 3.6r. fast as hell but its 4 grand more than the 2.5i and it doesn't have that smooth CVT transmission.
More power and more upscale vs. smoother shifter and less power.

Personally I'd choose the 3.6r. I don't mind the shifts. Coming from a hydraulic system to an electric or drive by wire throttle and brake was a VERY interesting experience. However eventually my feet got used to it. With the CVT the engine and transmission noise kind of bothered me at first. I know I eventually got used it on my test drive but the automatic on the 3.6r was fine with me too.

If you want CVT with more power, you could always look at the Nissan Juke AWD variant. ;D Not sure if it's YOUR kind of style, lol. But it's the only AWD system I'd buy from Nissan besides the one on the GT-R that is even worth the money. Nissan's "intuitive" (no, it's certainly not) AWD system is just like Toyota's worthless AWD/on-demand 4WD.