View Single Post
#27: 08-29-2012, 01:45 PM

mazdaslo
Title: Member
Car: 2005 LGT-UL ABP
Send a private message to mazdaslo Find all posts by mazdaslo Reply With Quote
so "buy garbage that you can take back" is a responsible attitude? what is the real economic impact of filling our landfills, exporting our pollution to developing countries, or maiming or killing workers in slave labor factories overseas?
I buy quality because it is the responsible thing to do, my socket set is crapsman, but my ratchets are snap on or proto, some things you just can't skimp on. (my snap on 3/8" drive was my grandfathers )
I would also ask, how much is your time worth? With McMaster-Carr in 5 minutes you can find and order any tool, fastener, or anything else you need, it gets shipped to your door, no problem. Or spend however much time, drive however many miles, go to "Garbage tools r us" spend time searching though garbage, get no help from minimum-wage-slaves, slog back home, have tool break, repeat.
I don't know how you calculate things, but if anybody did the cost breakdown, I doubt you could drive a LGT for much less than a dollar a mile, I would rather spend those miles on back roads, than trudging to buy mediocre tools.
I do agree with the craftsman thought, wait for a sale, 10 years ago, I bought a craftsman set for 200$ that has taken care of most my needs.

i guess we are all at lunch, so we can flame at each other a little