View Single Post
#14: 08-29-2012, 10:05 AM

OCDetails
Title: Me obsess?? Nah....
Car: '09 Rav4 V6 Limited, '05 Odyssey
Send a private message to OCDetails Find all posts by OCDetails Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg View Post
That is really weird. Have you owned the car since new? That almost looks like lacquer checking. Is it only the roof that looks like that?
That is my thought after seeing those as well. At those angles it looks like some sort of paint failure. I'm not sure that polishing is going to solve it. Definitely take it to a couple other body shops and see what they can tell you. If it was hard water damage then I would expect to see it on other horizontal surfaces like the hood and trunk as well, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Paint will fail on the horizontal surfaces first, so it is very possible this is just paint failure.

Since 2007 what has been your car care routine? How often have you waxed it? If it spends a lot of time out in the sun, then it can certainly cause this kind of damage. For as much as I love Subarus, the paint quality is one of the major reasons I don't own one today. I absolutely don't trust it and I will not drive a car with paint falling off of it while I tell people I know how to keep a car looking good. Kind of the worst advertising idea possible if you ask me. lol
OCDETAILS BLOG