View Single Post
#13: 08-29-2012, 07:11 AM

ehsnils
Title: Kafka was an optimist.
Car: Outback Diesel CVT 2013 (MY 2014 in US)
Send a private message to ehsnils Find all posts by ehsnils Reply With Quote
Now I have made another update to the application:

http://www.bedug.com/pics/Subaru/CanMiner_1.0.112.zip

Changes:
  • The CAN logger is able to create ASC files that can be loaded into Vector Canalyzer - useful for those that are has access to Canalyzer. It's not fully tested, but as they say "what can possibly go wrong?" and it's in this case the file format that may have a glitch or two.
  • Support for Extended OBD PID:s. On newer cars there are a few of those too.
  • Support for reading SSM data through the 0xA8 mode.
  • Support for SSM init and the responding capability bytes.
    If anyone has a more detailed list of the capability byte mapping than I have I would be happy to receive that info.
  • The Filter tab has received a bug fix or two.
  • Documentation is provided!
  • The plot routine has been improved, but it needs more work. At least now the X-axis is presented at zero on the Y-axis so the temperature graphs makes sense.
  • The plot routine is now also supporting three zones red, yellow and blue to allow the presentation to show when a value leaves the comfort zone. However this needs to be configured to work, only the engine coolant is configured with guesstimated values.
  • Data format can be entered for each unit on an item (PID), formats are whatever C# accepts for numeric values and are used in the output in the snapshot view.
  • Support for most of the ECU error responses and causes. Usually a pop-up is displayed when such a response is received.

Limitations:
  • If you check too many of the SSM items the API (or ECU) won't accept the request since the request will be too large.