View Single Post
#35: 08-24-2012, 04:38 PM

DOHCEJ22E1
Title: Monkey
Car: 1998 Subaru Legacy GT-L powered by EJ22D
Send a private message to DOHCEJ22E1 Find all posts by DOHCEJ22E1 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisty View Post
yeah, i sanded the paint off of the points that were painted, and the bare engine points are rust/ grime free as well. im going to go back and revisit those points, as well as the factory points to see what kind of shape the cables are in now.

heres another dumb question. are the first gen AWD systems the same as the second gen? if i found a 1st gen wagon could i put the AWD into my wagon? i have a possibility at finding a great deal, but its worthless to me if i cant put parts on my car. i know the body is vastly different, but how different is the mechanical stuff?
From what I know, the mechanicals are the same among many different models as Subaru tends to use the same stuff in nearly all of their cars. The transmissions & front & rear differentials are identical (to the point where you can't see any differences by looking at them) but their internals components are very different to the point where you need to look up various codes to see what you have & what you may want. Looking at the stickied threads under comstruction, made by brok, will easily answer your questions.