View Single Post
#24: 08-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Shipping Costs

ElanS2
Title: New Member
Send a private message to ElanS2 Find all posts by ElanS2 Reply With Quote
I just took my unit off the car. From the measurements that I took I estimate the shipping costs to be in the neighbourhood of 64.36$Can plus sales tax of 15%. The sales tax should be added to the 160$ selling price too. The shipping could be reduced by +/-20$ if it is by expedited parcel rather than express post. Both offer signature upon reception. From what I see neither offer tracking. When I get stuff from the US through the USPS tracking applies to the border but not within Canada. The reverse may be true when shipping to the US.

A commercial outlet may charge some handling fees too as this is not service to one of their customer cars and it is a bit of a pain in the ass with the post office involved.

I expect the box would be 40 to 44" long and about (or aboot) 5X6" in section with a weight of 7 pounds.

If you buy a used unit examine it carefully immediately as there are a number of bits that could get lost and a 4mm allen key in the form of a security screwdriver ( with a little hole in the driving end to accommodate the pin in the socket of the screw ). You should get the screwdriver and the keys with the instructions in a plastic bag. Buying a used unit could be risky due to all the little bits that would result if all the screws (8 in total) were removed during removal from the vehicle. Just ask me about it !

I hope that this is of some use to you frustrated guys.

Cheers
Rod

There is no indication on the box of who may be the original manufacturer. My parts guy does not recall anything and there is no indication on the parts bag that I have.

Try and find a dealer in Alberta that will help you. Their sales tax is 5%, not 15% as it is here in Quebec.

Last edited by ElanS2; 08-16-2012 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: forgot to include something.