View Single Post
#17: 08-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Canadian Aero roof cross bars

ElanS2
Title: New Member
Send a private message to ElanS2 Find all posts by ElanS2 Reply With Quote
Hello frustrated yanks.
I checked the number, SCI306631, at the local Subi dealer and it is good. The list price is close to 240$ Can, but my friendly parts man, and yours too, can let you have them for 160$ plus transport. Subi Can has lots of stock. They come in a box so shipping is possible. Find a dealer closer to the US than where I am if you like. You may save some $ on transport. I am 1000kms from Montreal down river.
If you want to check yourself: Parts man (Directeur des pieces) François Vaillancourt, toll free 866-962-4475, local 418-962-4475, fax 418-962-4733,
f.vaillancourt@autosyvesboily.com.
Just tell him "Rod sent me". That is just so I will continue to be treated seriously by him when I ask for funny stuff or special efforts to find stuff. There will be no $ in this for me as I am a customer and have no commercial interest in the business.
You may also be able to find these at a Canadian scrap yard. If you try that be careful as each bar end has a locking mechanism and requires a key ( one key fits all the locks). There is a special screwdriver (hex end) as part of the package. The top of the bars has a slot, from side to side, that is filled with a removable rubber strip that may have been cut to fit a roof box. Without this filler strip in place expect extra wind noise and reduced aero effect. There is also a loose rubber "shoe" as part of each sliding foot. When all is tight the rubber shoe is not loose.
If required I could take some photos if it will help some of our southern friends. Please let me know soon as I am about to remove the bars and put them away for a while.
Cheers
Rod

Last edited by ElanS2; 08-15-2012 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: bad english
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElanS2 For This Useful Post:
K2e2vin (08-17-2012), Turkeylord (08-15-2012)