View Single Post
#8: 08-14-2012, 08:27 PM

Rester5350
Title: Contributing V.P.
Car: 1996 Saturn SW2
Send a private message to Rester5350 Find all posts by Rester5350 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekDaniel View Post
Cobb rep will tell you its a mechanical problem or your fuel is the issue; not their maps.... get a e-tune that supports accessport from a vendor like infamous, and call it good.

Here is my cobb story:

My first cobb map 91 ATv...gave me lots of knock correction and knock learning, all other parameters were pretty good. Cobb rep said it was my gas and recommended I switch to the 91ACN map. I did and knock decreased but my AFR got worse and started to have erratic boost. Cobb rep then stated I had a post maf leak causing AFR to be off... well the first map I had no issues with AFR and I did not touch anything on my car to cause the change, as this was just simple stage one flash. Cobb rep then recommended that I switch to 91ACN LWG map, and guess what.... no change, the parameters were still shitty.

This Cobb rep then said, I have a mechanical issue ie. boost/vac leak and crappy 91 octane gas, and told me to go get a protune for the gas lol and also have mechanical issues ruled out ie. check for leaks! Because, the Cobb maps are safe and not the problem. WOW!!! I wish I had returned that damn $600 dollar piece and went e-tune to begin with! Cobb ots maps suck!

Needless to say I spent alot of money trying to resolve this, and had no mechanical issues with my car....Cobb maps were responsible.
Get an e-tune or pro-tune and use your access-port or return AP and buy a tactrix cable, download some software and go opensource and save your self some $$$

I am finding that the cobbs have some intermittent issues. Once i get my new tmic on I am planning on doing an etune and a pro tune for new turbo and fuel mods. I really just wanted to make sure my ots was safe for now but i do have the tmic in my trunk just calling my name.