View Single Post
#1: 07-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Safe boost level for stock turbo with PW TMIC

DerekDaniel
Title: Senior Member
Car: 2010 forester 4eat NA
Send a private message to DerekDaniel Find all posts by DerekDaniel Reply With Quote
Hello what is the safest amount of boost one can run on stock gen4 legacy with TMIC upgrade? (and stock downpipe) without killing the turbo.....

Or, can you run higher levels with TMIC upgrade as long as banjo bolts stay clean? and do the 08 GTs have the problem with banjo bolts getting clogged and killen turbos?

Has anybody ran too much boost with TMIC upgrade where their stock turbo was blown.
If so what psi?

Thank you for advice and clarification: I ask because I had 17 psi on stock tmic and it blew off my bpv hose that connects up under the manifold (which is a pain in the ass to put back on, because you have to remove entire tmic and putting a clamp on it is a whole other story).

So I ordered a process west tmic, so I can at least keep running 17 psi and hopefully avoid popping hoses. I would also like to increase the boost with this upgrade, maybe to 17.5 or 18psi. , but I don't want to run to much boost and keep popping lines or even worse kill the turbo.

Thanks for advise.
Sponsored links