View Single Post
#4: 07-20-2012, 11:54 PM

fenominal
Title: Junior Member
Car: '05 WRX Wagon, '05 OBXT
Send a private message to fenominal Find all posts by fenominal Reply With Quote
10-11-12

Holy fock, you guys, my suspension is focked.

1) It was a very bad install.
2) I don't know if the parts I ordered are the parts I ordered.

I took the OB to Mueller for an alignment. They were the first shop in focking AMERICA to get okayed by Whiteline. They're legit. Suspension GODS. Just four dudes in a shop. No advertising, only word of mouth.

Anyway, my rear suspension is completely bottomed out. You could remove the rear springs and nothing would change. The OB is sitting on the bumpstops. There is literally no suspension travel. At all. Which means the Koni's are way too focking long.

In the front, the springs are very compressed with just body weight, almost bottomed out. The swaybar bushings are loose, unlocked. And the LCA bushing that I had replaced is completely ruptured. These are some big issues, but most of all, the work is really sloppy.

John Mueller, the suspension god himself, basically said that my OB is like a 3000-pound go kart. That's not as cool as it sounds. It basically means I don't have a suspension.

For the time being, I have photocopied all my receipts to check part numbers. Mueller staff is comparing on-vehicle parts to receipts, and will devise a plan from there...

Last edited by fenominal; 10-11-2012 at 11:41 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fenominal For This Useful Post:
Fergie (01-27-2014)