View Single Post
#1: 07-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Attn lgt 05-09 owners: Blown turbo legal case

dimanart
Title: New Member
Send a private message to dimanart Find all posts by dimanart Reply With Quote
I'm collecting information from dealers as well as individual owners to file a case against Subaru for what seems to be a failure to acknowledge a design flaw in 05-09 Legacy GT that causes premature turbine failures. Personally I’m “only” on my second turbo: first one failing at 70k – car has never been on the track or ever been abused, oil changes on the clock every 3K and all service done (mechanic at the dealership mentioned a customer with 6 turbo replacements on ’07 LGT) Talking to numerous owners over the past 1.5 years I found out that majority of issues are deemed to be due to banjo bolt inlet/filter clogging up and causing oil starvation which in turn causes the bearings to go – I have no comment on that, however the dealer’s response (2 different places, official Subaru dealers) nodding their heads towards this issues also– they can’t give an official confirmation due to possible legal action from Subaru. Please share your experiences (Car’s year, mileage and circumstances that lead to turbine failure, and any other info you think might be useful) PM if you don't want to reply to the main thread.
Sponsored links