View Single Post
#9: 07-18-2012, 09:19 AM

BarManBean
Title: Hicksta V2.0
Car: '05 OBXT 6MT - Cryotuned
Send a private message to BarManBean Find all posts by BarManBean Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96r50 View Post
Thanks BMB for getting this done!

I may have read this in the original thread and forgotten, but why is there only one short piece (for the front passenger corner) and not four (one for each corner)?
As I've understood it, that corner is actually the most prone to failure. When I installed my kit I actually spoke to Jeff about possibly omitting this piece since it seemed wasteful to buy a whole 8' piece of aluminum just for a 3" piece to install. He let me know that the passenger side corner on the front is the most prone to failure so the piece is necessary. To my knowledge, the other corners are not prone to failure, especially with the rest of the kit installed. You should not have a problem as long as you install the kit PRIOR TO any sort of extreme failure. The tabs on my intercooler were starting to separate a little bit (from 60k miles at stock boost), but they easily pinched back down and the kit has performed well through my stage 2 install, tune, and subsequent driving (~5k miles so far).