CONTACT ME DIRECT HERE WITH ANY QUESTIONS: email@example.com
WATCH THIS VIDEO FOR TIGHTENING THE STAINLESS STEEL TIES:
For those of you who read this post http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...rx-158870.html
you already know what this is. For those who haven’t read it, if you are still running you 05-09 LGT or 08+ WRX with the stock TMIC I highly recommend taking the time to read through the thread.
This modification has been around for some time now as an alternative to those looking to beef up their stock intercooler (either for durability or for increased boost levels) for a reasonable price—not everyone has the cash or the need for an aftermarket TMIC in order to meet their needs. One of the problems with the kit up until now is that the fabrication of the metal pieces required for the kit is difficult, time consuming, and potentially dangerous to those without a reasonable amount of experience in cutting metal. While my second attempt and making my own kit was successful, the first attempt ended with a pile of bent metal and bloody fingers.
With SeeeeYa’s permission (Thanks, Jeff!), I have been looking at some scenarios to get a number of kits fabricated professionally by a machine shop and I believe this will prove to be the solution to providing these kits to those who need them at a reasonable price.
I’m pretty confident that the machine shop is set to produce some kits for me, and I’ve been given the go ahead to move forward with this as a homebrew vendor to supply them.
Two kits will be available:
Video of zip tie installation with the tool: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost....5&postcount=83
Kit #1 ( $70 shipped CONUS): will include all of the required aluminum pieces for the kit, drilled to the original specs for using threaded rod. You will need to buy your own mounting hardware (bolts, nuts, threaded rod, etc.); these pieces will also have a groove should you choose to use zip ties down the road for any reason.
- Kit #2 ($90 shipped CONUS): will include all of the required aluminum pieces for the kit, plus 2 stainless zip ties to use in lieu of any other sort of mounting hardware (bolts, threaded rod, etc). Pieces in this kit will be straight-cut on each end (instead of angled) and a “groove” will also be machined along the entire length of each of the longer pieces to hold the zip ties; they will not be drilled unless specifically requested. This kit should have everything you need to "bullet proof" your stock TMIC. It should be noted that the stainless steel zip ties will need to be tightened sufficiently, which may or may not be able to be completed with normal tools (read: pliers, vice grips, etc.). It's highly recommended that you purchase a "CV Joint Banding Tool" to use to sufficiently tighten and secure the zip ties--it will make things immensely easier and you can pick one up online for ~$10-15.
To confirm, here’s what will be included in the kit:
ORDER YOUR KIT HERE: https://sites.google.com/site/bptmickit/
Where can I get the tool to tighten the stainless steel zip ties???
A few choices: NAPA Autoparts, Amazon (
, or I prefer
). I also think that some Autozone's rent them for "free" (you pay for it, then return it when you're done through their rental program).
- Four (4) pieces of aluminum channel designed and cut to fit on the top/bottom of the stock TMIC where the end tanks attach to the core
- One (1) piece of aluminum channel designed and cut to fit on the front passenger corner of the stock TMIC where the end tank attaches to the core
- Two (2) stainless steel zip ties (ONLY IF KIT #2 IS SELECTED)
- Instructions for installing the kit
I’d like to get 10 people to commit to buying a kit before I pull the trigger on getting the kits made (please let me know what type of kit you would like if you express interest). Once I’m confident that the interest is there I will notify everyone, ask for deposits, and get things going as far as getting a batch of the kits made. I’ll do my best to keep everyone up-to-date on timelines for production / delivery—my best estimate is that they should be ready for shipping within 2-4 weeks after I place the order.
I’ll keep a running list of those interested going here for now. If you have been added to this list mistakenly please let me know. Here's the list so far:
- .:Catalyst:. (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Lucid (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- BoozeRS05 (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Hadvw (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Pako (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Wakeupandbord (kit #2) (nasioc) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Gex (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Marc999 (kit #2) (ottawasubaru.com) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- B00ster (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- DeadGeneration (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- jtc4313 (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- maus (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- bflolegacy (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- brad_houck (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- GrayT (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- ktmrider (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Tema (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Ebranch (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- fmowry (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- TehRicer (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- mitskip (kit #2) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- ScoobyTed (nasioc) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Chris GTO TT *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- TrooperWRX *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Matthew D (unknown username) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- UTwrestler22 *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- boxerbenny *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- ArtClassShank *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Brock Samson *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- loc *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- thefultonhow *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Eric S (unknown username) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- JL42 *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Roy D *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- James M *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Ben G (unknown username) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Justin B (unknown username) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Jordan D (unknown username) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Sevak A (unknown username) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Ian P (unknown username) *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- ScottFW *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- Shello007 *PAID* *SHIPPED*
- dukeneverwinter *PAID*
- way2tall89 *PAID*
- Joe (unknown username)
: material will be delivered to the shop to begin production tomorrow!
: after a hiccup with the first shop, material has been dropped off at shop #2.
: machine shop has pushed the completion date for the millwork back to 8/10. Assuming this date holds true, the first kits will be in the mail on the 11th of August.
: All the material is in hand and the first 8 kits are ready to go. As soon as I have the banding tools for the zip ties to include with these kits they will go out!
: First kit shipped out, 14 kits sitting on the shelf ready to go
: My current stock of material has all been cut into kits and will likely be sold out shortly. Three kits remaining at the moment before I have to look at the possibility of another production run. Thanks for the orders, everyone!
VERY IMPORTANT CAVEAT
: The term "Bullet-Proof" when used in referring to this kit is not meant to imply that installing this kit will make your OEM TMIC impervious to high speed munitions fired from any sort of projectile weapon, device, machine or similar. This kit is only designed to prevent boost pressure from causing end tank separation, and nothing more.
Neither I nor the original designer of this kit can take responsibility in the case of damage to anything on your vehicle that results indirectly or directly from the installation of this modification. If you doubt your capacity, do not undertake the installation of this modification; ask for help or have it installed by someone qualified.