View Single Post
#8: 06-25-2012, 10:13 PM

TehRicer
Title: Senior Member
Send a private message to TehRicer Find all posts by TehRicer Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5032 View Post
Do you really have to keep your oem head unit? I want to keep mine just because I think a lot of aftermarket head units look tacky. I am going to try to just upgrade my system a little bit at of time and keep costs minimized because I don't want to get a lot of money wrapped up in car audio at this point in my life. I am planning on getting some lower end component speakers because I feel even lower end component speakers sound pretty good. In no particular order; Alpine, Infinity, Kicker, Polk. A lot of these speakers are under $100 on Amazon or EBay, although the warranty may be questionable because I'm not sure if they are authorized dealers or not. Crutchfield is very good if you are new to car audio because they are very helpful, and they do have good sales sometimes. I would not plan on getting component speakers for the rear, just something that is an inexpensive voice match to the front speakers from the same manufacturer.

Pass on Amazon & Ebay. Hit up CACO or Diyma & head for the classifields. Sure, Crutchfield support is awesome. ..BUT, what's the point of "buying online" when you have to pay near full retail LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to TehRicer For This Useful Post:
mark5032 (06-26-2012)