View Single Post
#1: 06-25-2012, 04:23 PM
EVO 16g and a FMIC?

KCwagon
Title: Wagon Mafia Wiseguy
Car: 05 GT GRP 6-speed wagon, BNR18G
Send a private message to KCwagon Find all posts by KCwagon Reply With Quote
I have the insane desire switch to a FMIC now that summer is here, but I would like some input first.

Background: I visited COBB tuning in Plano last August for an E85 tune. I am running a BNR evo16g, AVO TMIC, 850cc DW's, Cobb DP with the factory midpipe and Magnaflows. The car runs great making 325WHP and 350WTQ. Cobb felt that the 2.5" mid-pipe might be an issue, but the results seemed pretty good and the car spools so quickly that first gear is almost useless. (6 speed)

Fast forward

I have recently pieced together a FMIC kit utilizing TXS plumbing, Racer-X intercooler, custom bumper beam, and an AVO intake. I am considering having a 3" exhaust custom fabricated as well. I chose the Racer-x fmic because of the relatively small size (compared to Perrin, AVO).

I also have less than $300 in the FMIC, TXS piping and the AVO intake, so why not.

Ultimately a built shortblock and a Blouch 1.5xtr are in my plans (two year plan), so the FMIC will be a necessity eventually.

Some of my questions are:

1) What kind of gains could I expect with a fmic/AVO intake and/or a 3" exhaust ?

and

2) will it be worth $300 to have Cobb re-tune my car with the fmic, exhaust and intake or just wait until the "two year plan" is together?

I guess I am looking for thoughts and first hand opinions on E85 and FMIC's, especially those who have had the opportunity to compare both on the same set-up.

Last edited by KCwagon; 06-25-2012 at 05:56 PM..
Sponsored links