View Single Post
#39: 06-24-2012, 09:24 AM

fahr_side
Title: Royal Pain in the Ass
Car: '08 18GTX+meth 6MT GH8
Send a private message to fahr_side Find all posts by fahr_side Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsubycz View Post
fahr_side would it be possible to get a picture of the hood duct intalled on your car? I know you have a WRX, but curious to see if the duct shifts the air flow to the left if looking at the engine. Since the IC is more sku'd to the left.

If one needs to access the items under the IC is this a pain to remove and then reinstall?

I wonder what the size difference is between this and the PW?

Yes, the splitter is moved to line up with the passenger side edge of the air duct to match the IC core, which has to be shifted that way on a LHD car.

Normally you can get to your clutch master cylinder and transmission dipstick with the IC in place. With the Spearco installed you can see the clutch reservoir to check the level but I doubt you could get the cap off and forget about filling it. Then again, unless your clutch system is leaking, why do you need to? I flush my fluid once in two years...

The transmission dipstick can rotated to the front so it sticks out alongside the turbo.

I had made a bulkhead harness to make it very easy to get my LC-1 in and out of the car without disturbing the wiring, thinking I'd do that when I was tuning other cars. Now I won't be doing that, as I'd need to pull the IC to do so.

I guess with a little practice you could get the IC out in about 20 minutes and back in within 30. It's just that front bracket that's tight and having to crawl under the car to get the rear bracket that's a pain.

As to the size comparison, I can't say about the PW. The Spearco is in total 680mm x 200mm x 90mm. Of that, 500mm is the core itself.

Last edited by fahr_side; 06-25-2012 at 02:31 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fahr_side For This Useful Post:
coldsubycz (06-25-2012)