View Single Post
#38: 06-16-2012, 02:44 PM

hmmrdwn
Title: Über Mod
Car: 55 Porsche Super Speedster
Send a private message to hmmrdwn Find all posts by hmmrdwn Reply With Quote
I noticed our legacy would continue turning when your turn the steering wheel at slow speeds and wouldn't return to center. Our car seemed really steering sensitive and swayed when we first bought it. I put on a rear sway bar and put 36 psi of air in the tires. It's still sensitive, but I chalk it up to design, tires and etc. Just part of the animal. Turn the front wheels and they are pulling you around the corner and the back are pushing at the same time. Probably why these cars outhandle Camry's, Sonata's, etc.....but are squirrely. These definitely aren't lazy ass draggers pulling their butts around.

I've driven many suvs, jeeps, broncos (new and old), crossovers, fwd, rwd, awd and noticed that most awd cars have a unique steering/handling feel. Many of those give you the feeling of rolling resistance on dry pavement when all are engaged. The Subaru awd is similar.

The unique thing about subaru is that all four wheels have their own VDC/stability control line. Most cars have a line to each front wheel and one line for the rear two wheels. That is why Subaru awd excels.