View Single Post
#1: 06-16-2012, 01:39 PM
French 2005 Legacy wagon (BP)

SSM
Title: New Member
Car: Subaru Legacy!
Send a private message to SSM Find all posts by SSM Reply With Quote
As I said in my presentation, Subaru is definitely not a huge brand on the French market, which is dominated by diesel powered car from France, Japan and Germany. However, Subaru is known for the Impreza, thanks to the WRC fame, but other models are completely unknown and very rarely seen.

I mostly discovered Subaru when I lived for 6 months in Colorado (that was 10 years ago). I saw lots and lots of Outbacks and suddenly knew that Imprezas were only a fraction of what Subaru makes. And after a couple trip back to Colorado, I grew a soft spot for Outbacks.

On the French market, Subaru has a moderate success with both the Impreza and the Forester, for completely different reasons. Outback is the third most popular model, especially in rural or mountain areas. Legacys are rare. Very rare.

Last year, a friend found a 2005 Legacy wagon. I loved the car immediately, it remembered me of Colorado. This year, my friend moved to Japan and had to sell the Legacy. Long story short, I got the car without much thinking and I've been the owner of a 2005 Legacy since early April. Here she is:

(bigger picture here)

It is the entry level for the 2005 Legacy: 2.0L engine, no turbo, 138hp. It runs on LPG, which was a stock option on the car. Given the price of gasoline this side of the Atlantic, LPG makes owning a Legacy as cheap as my previous diesel powered station wagon. And the Legacy is definitely more fun!

After almost 7000km, I'm definitely pleased with the car and will hopefully be able to keep it for a couple years. It will see a lot of road trips around Europe, haul more bikes per year than most cars do in a lifetime and also be used as my commuter (boring, I know).

I'm already thinking about a few mods, but I'll tell you about them (and ask questions) another time.

Last edited by SSM; 06-16-2012 at 01:44 PM..
Sponsored links