View Single Post
#16: 06-16-2012, 09:38 AM

NickH
Title: Member
Car: 2011 Legacy and Outback 2.5i Premium
Send a private message to NickH Find all posts by NickH Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNH View Post
I also installed foglamps today and they seemed a bit more involved than I gathered from the instructions, but it's still pretty easy.

For starters, I could not get the blank trim pieces off from the front of the bumper with any of my trim tools. I ended up pulling down the splash shield below each section to access the trim (and I needed them down later as well). To drop the shield, I removed two of these:

I have a special pair of pliers made to remove these but again, a normal pair of needlenose pliers or even 2 flatheads used together will free the center pin. Just pull down on it enough to make the head pop out and then pull the whole pin out. Now the shield can be pulled down. I should also add that even doing this, it was a bit tight and I scratched my hand to hell. Either be ok with this or wear gloves.
I recently received my fog light kit...Can you tell me which two of these clips you removed? Just by looking at how many of these clips exist in this area, I can't imagine removing two of them would allow enough room for a hand to fit.

Nick