View Single Post
#27: 06-11-2012, 12:13 PM

.:Catalyst:.
Title: AllWheelsDriven
Car: 2006 spec.B #163 stage.2 .:CryoTuned:.
Send a private message to .:Catalyst:. Find all posts by .:Catalyst:. Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2.5gt View Post
@catalyst, thanks for the response

ya unfortunately i looked on the hankook website and they said the ventus v12 225/40r18 was recommended to run on a minimum of 7.5 inch wheel width so i went with the 215/40r18. if i were to have just gone with the 215/45r18 would there have been a big performance difference? i know the speedo would have been more off but i could have lived with that, the car is a stock 5eat (just spt intake) so although i enjoy the performance i could take the hit. also would lowering the car help?
I ran the 225/40R18 on mine, and it was a good performing setup (despite some manufacturers saying you need 1/2" more wheel width).

Going with the 215/45R18 would have had a bit more sidewall flex (read more comfort but slightly less cornering performance), and that's what the spec.B came with stock in 05 and 06.

You should be fine with your setup as it's close to within 3% variance, your speedo will read slightly high. From online size calculator:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimsntires.com
When speedometer reads 60mph (96.6km/h) actual speed will be 58mph (93.4km/h): 3.3% slower.
If you lower it a bit it will eliminate some of the wheel gap. The spec.B wheels look great on your ride!

Also research that SPT intake. Should really have a tune done if it's on there, or replace with the stock setup. It's well known to cause some issues (just search SPT Intake here).