View Single Post
#1: 06-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Front lower control arm bushing question.

LeggyMom
Title: Junior Member
Car: '06 spec.B
Send a private message to LeggyMom Find all posts by LeggyMom Reply With Quote
Hey guys, I've been doing some research on this, and yes, I have read a lot of info posted on here, but I have been having trouble wrapping my head around it all. I just put new tires on the car and took it in for an alignment because the old tires wore on the outside edges (strange I thought) so I thought it was out of whack. After an hour he came back out to tell me that my car couldn't be aligned because the lower control arm bushings were shot. He showed me and they looked bad and they flexed quite a bit with only minimal effort applied to the wheels. Anyway, he told me that he can't just replace the bushing, but that the whole control arm had to be replaced?!?! This sounded wrong to me so I jumped on the internet and found a part number from Subaru for what I thought to be the bushing. Then I found a Perrin PSRS and a Whiteline bushing that seemed to be a replacement as well. So, who is right? $150-200 for bushings seems a hell of a lot better than $600 for new control arms!!

Can someone clear this up and maybe tell me the difference between the Perrin and the Whiteline bushings? I heard the Perrin ones are noisy, just how noisy are we talking? Is it better to just get the $28 rubber ones from Suby and call it a day? How hard are they to install?

Thanks everyone!
Sponsored links