View Single Post
#10: 05-23-2012, 07:55 PM

boxkita
Title: Losing cool daily, beware
Car: 05 wagon Stg$$$ + 92 Miata racecar
Send a private message to boxkita Find all posts by boxkita Reply With Quote
Disclaimer: Everything I learned about setting up my car came from this forum. Everything I learned about driving on a track came from Porsche HPDEs.

That said:
Having done what you are planning on doing (sways first), I would advise driving until you are exceeding the limits of the car all the time. Preferably, having an instructor riding along who tells you this is best.

I added a Cobb rear sway, with stiffener first, set at 215%, instead of the higher setting. Later in the summer, I added the front sway. That made it pretty neutral, with a tendency to oversteer when I turned in too quickly.

If you are already uber good, then you need to find the motorsports section and start reading - http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisp...sports-38.html

This year, I did everything Whitetiger & AZP Installs are suggesting: move to coilovers, replace all bushings, sways, upgraded tires/wheels plus corner-balance. Car runs so much better and its easier to go faster. Now, I spend all my "mod" dollars on me, the driver.

Last edited by boxkita; 05-23-2012 at 08:06 PM..