View Single Post
#363: 05-08-2012, 03:26 PM

FSRBIKER
Title: Senior Member
Car: 2005 Outback XT, 5 spd MT
Send a private message to FSRBIKER Find all posts by FSRBIKER Reply With Quote
About to bring my 05 Outback XT in for the wheel bearing replacement and notified them of the fan running all the time as well. Computer shows no open recall on this since the previous owner had the relay replaced. Now with the fans running all the time its quite obvious the first replacement relay has gone bad again and now caused the computer to be damaged.

I will be very vocal about getting this replaced again(Im just over 80,000 miles) once they diagnose/confirm the problem on Monday. If rejected I will be recording a nice YouTube video on the issue and posting it on every forum I can find as well as on Twitter. I just will not take no for an answer for a recalled part that has failed again and no damaged the computer. This could get interesting and quite enjoyable. I'll post the results of my dealer visit next week.

In the meantime has anyone else been able to get Subaru to replace the parts twice??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumfoo1 View Post
grrr... so its happened to this car before... and they won't fix it again under the recall which i think is bull...