View Single Post
#12: 05-07-2012, 08:36 PM

Bassnectar
Title: Senior Contributor
Car: 5sp 99 LGTL ej20 swap 5sp 99 tercel
Send a private message to Bassnectar Find all posts by Bassnectar
this car was swapped at i-speed usa professionally for over 12gs
but its using the stock legacy gauges. but does run a tuned wrx ECU unfortunately I cant really even see what the car is boosting at atm, I want this car to last I do not want to push 20lbs of boost for 3 or so months.

but i plan on purchasing a ultraguage which gives like 50 possible temperatures and additional gauges and possibly a boost controller to have a street mode I only remember ever getting 24mpg ish on my first legacy.. And that wasn't turbo so I am expecting less with this obviously.

big issue is that current owner is wealthy had the car maintained at Subaru but doesn't really know to much about mechanics in general, although he did start it once a month while it sat as it was only driven in the winter. It has the dreaded CHECK ENGINE light on and I am going out with my code scanner tomorrow to find out what tripped it, He thinks it was a o2 sensor which is something I can replace myself, but if there is another code I may still back off from this car although it ran like a boss during the test drive.
u cant get a decent wrx in canada for under 11gs so this is a Steal having only like 40k miles on the drive train @ 7

Last edited by Bassnectar; 05-07-2012 at 08:45 PM..