Thread: Legacy DIT?
View Single Post
#10: 05-07-2012, 10:32 AM

SubieDriver
Title: Monkey
Car: 07 Tribeca, 05 LGT ('98 LGT, '88 Justy)
Send a private message to SubieDriver Find all posts by SubieDriver Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHop View Post
All that smooth disconnectedness of a CVT. Because that's what I want when I buy a sports saloon, or estate like that. No. Not at all. I would have a hard time accepting a traditional auto.

What these cars need is a true sequential gearbox, not some slushtastic CVT. It's almost sacrilege to call something a "GT" and take away more feeling of what your car is doing.
But it is going to be a DIT, not a GT - Direct Injected Turbo.
(maybe it'll sell better than the GT...)

I can't wait till it gets here (in sedan form)! (not that I could afford it yet, but it'll give me incentive to set money aside.)

Edit: I'm looking forward to seeing it with a performance-based CVT setup. I drove an Outback loaner w/ CVT while my Tribeca was in for service, and it was rather hesitant to "downshift" to get the revs up so I could get moving quickly. I resorted to a couple downshifts with the left paddle before accelerating.

I suppose it was somewhat similar to my Tribeca in normal mode - hesitant to downshift unless you really put your foot into it - which is why I usually run either in Sport or Manual-shift mode.

I really hope they have a Sport mode for the new CVT. (are you listening SOA?!?!?)

Last edited by SubieDriver; 05-07-2012 at 10:39 AM..