View Single Post
#42: 04-07-2012, 04:59 PM

H2OSB
Title: Member
Car: '06 GT Limited, Sedan, 5MT
Send a private message to H2OSB Find all posts by H2OSB Reply With Quote
Just bought this clutch package on Amazon for $480. If you have an Amazon membership (I have a Kindle reader) you can get free two day shipping with a prime account (I started the free one month trial of prime, so I'm pretty happy with the price).

I tried to source this package locally but the prices at both Kragen/O'Reilly AND Napa were through the roof ($956 and $1024 respectively). I didn't try Carquest and AutoZone didn't carry it.

If you even THINK you might need a clutch soon, and this sounds like what you're looking for, I suggest you look at Amazon.com as soon as you can.

Finding the right clutch was not a cut and dried deal for me...I did a ton of research and still had a difficult time deciding what to get. Other than suspension changes my car is stock, therefore one would think using a factory replacement clutch would be the way to go. Only trouble is, I never really liked the feel of the stock clutch. I always felt like it was JUST enough to deal with the power my car makes and any amount of slipping, whether accidental or intentional seemed to reduce the gripping force of the clutch (overheated?) and caused more slipping.

I was not looking for a racing clutch. Something only slightly better would be perfectly satisfactory. After reading reviews and butt dyno opinions everywhere I could, this package seemed like exactly what I was looking for.

I will post my own opinion once I have it installed.

H2OSB