I've always been curious about how much that weight weighs because it always seems to cause the glove box to "thud" down on that string.
1. Remove glove box per "cabin filter replacement" how to's.
2. Unscrew the two Philips head screws on the back of the glove box.
3.Pry glove box apart, it should be painless.
4. It should look like this:
Remove the 3 center Philips on the black plastic piece(white piece will not be removed).
5. Remove black plastic handle piece and weight.
6. Replace handle in original spot and continue to put the glove box back on.
According to my super accurate bathroom scale weighing method, the piece is ~2.5lbs