View Single Post
#11: 04-01-2012, 08:28 AM

FreedomPenguin
Title: Member
Car: 1998 Legacy Brighton
Send a private message to FreedomPenguin Find all posts by FreedomPenguin Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSTOVE View Post
Well Baddog I happen to be a manager at Autozone so I ended up getting the DLG battery for $34.99 as a "used" battery. It's only a few months old so even if it only lasts 2.5 years it would still be worth the money I paid for it haha.

I guess you could say I skimped out on the Optima :/ - They are awesome batteries but I just didn't want to pay full price lol.

Consider yourself lucky, optimas are junk.
My brief over view of batteries..
Ive ran AC Delco in the past and wasn't that impressed by them. I went through 3 of them within 2 years on two different cars. Same with Interstate batteries which they used to use at my work (I dont know why either because they were nothing but junk)

I would much rather go with a Costco Kirkland Battery which have done me good in all my vehicles (Surprisingly its also made by Johnson Controls, only thing I can think of is that Johnson Controls builds these a lot different from their other brands). Also I don' believe the Kirkland batteries are pro rated because I had one fail at 5yrs and they gave me a free replacement.

And I still stand behind what I said about the Optima's I talked to quite a few professional automotive electrical guys and they all told me to stay away from Optima because they are garbage now that they have been bought out.

Just saying..