View Single Post
#1: 03-28-2012, 09:08 PM
TurboXS FMIC install

ChefRacer
Title: Senior Contributor
Car: 05 M/T ShagginWagon Stage IIIish VF39
Send a private message to ChefRacer Find all posts by ChefRacer Reply With Quote
So today I installed my turboxs FMIC today and I thought that I should let you guys know about my experience. First off, there were no pictures or diagrams in the instructions, so other than knowing which pipe connected to which other pipe, it was pretty much a guessing game. All seemed to go quite smoothly until it was time to attach the bumper.

The directions state that the stock fog lights remain intact....there is no chance in the world that the fog lights can remain intact. After hacking away half of the housing for the drivers side fog, we realized that the fog lights needed to come out for the intercooler piping to clear.

The directions also stated that "some trimming" was needed, we took about 2 1/2"-3" of the bumper cover off before it just barely cleared the intercooler. The core is pretty big though

After everything is said and done, the intercooler looks badass b/c there isn't much bumper left in front of it. It seems to be working well although I def need a tune. I've lost about 2 lbs of boost, but I'm sure that can be remedied with a tune.

I really just expected better fitment/instructions from an intercooler thats as expensive as this one.

One last thing.......I HATE POPPITS
Sponsored links