View Single Post
#10: 03-26-2012, 12:10 AM

Loki
Title: New Member
Car: 2003 Legacy L
Send a private message to Loki Find all posts by Loki
I'm super new here, but I'm old hat to car forums, I skimmed the rules....

I have one beef: It's damn near impossible to browse wheels (for example) when people don't put the location in the title as they are supposed to. I have this issue with larger items that are expensive to ship on some other forums.

Am I the only one that this annoys?

The solution as I would suggest it, would be to add a sticky user classifieds section to each region based forum, so folks can do a fun road trip to score parts. I know I'd bounce 100 miles down to Seattle in a heartbeat for some nice 18s. And there is no way I would go looking for a box and truck service to ship a bumper skin or a hood to someone. OFC the existing classifieds wouldn't need to change, it just offers users a way to double post and cover a larger area.

I have another suggestion that may help the forum, unless I missed it somewhere or it's been tried and failed for some reason.

Buyer and seller rating threads stickied in the classifieds.
This assumes a mod or well trusted user will maintain it.

Works like so: A person makes a buy or sale, the other party was not a flake, the item was as advertised, so they rate the other person in the thread, and the main post is edited to reflect the number of good or bad transactions a person has as a seller or buyer.

The noobie restriction is a good idea. I think another way to feel them out easily would be to have 2 good purchases to their name, a good buyer is often also a good seller.

(ironically my 10th post, and the first one of any potential use)