View Single Post
#1: 03-24-2012, 09:17 PM
1997 Legacy L wagon project

theSTOVE
Title: Junior Member
Car: '97 Legacy L Wagon EJ22E
Send a private message to theSTOVE Find all posts by theSTOVE Reply With Quote
I've grown up with Subaru's in the family but this is the first I've actually owned. I found it on Craigslist listed for $3,600. Eventually talked him down to 2,800 and I bought it. I'm the second owner of the vehicle and it's been extremely well maintained with all of documentation to prove it. It's a 1997 Legacy L wagon with a EJ22E motor. 140,000 miles and counting! I have seen some awesome rides on the forum and can't wait to begin working on the wagon. I will post some pictures of my current set up and I'll keep updating the thread as I make changes. I've put together a list below of current and future modifications I have planned.

Future/Completed Upgrades:

Durlast Gold 750 CCA battery(DONE)
Hybrid intake(DONE)
K&N air filter
MSD Coil pack
NGK Platinum spark plugs(DONE)
Lightweight pulleys
CosmoRacing short shifter - Piece of shit. Don't buy. Please don't buy.
Prothane shifter bushings(DONE)
Prothane shift stablizer bushing(DONE)
Duralast lower ball joints(DONE)
Duralast outer tie-rod ends(DONE)
Weighted shift knob
RedlineGoods shift/parking boot
2-1/4" custom exhaust(GETTING QUOTE / NEXT MOD)
Duralast gold ceramic brake pads(DONE)
Duralast rotors(DONE)
Front strut support bar
Rear strut support bar
15%/20% Window tint(Next)
Aftermarket Fog Lights(DONE)
LED strips under the dash and rear seats(DONE)
Sand blast/gold powder coat stock 14" wheels for winter
New Goodyear all weather tires(DONE)

^ Over all a very clean car. Some hail damage on the roof and hood. I'm looking for a GT hood with scoop to swap out my stock one.

^ 14" stock rims :/ - Thinking about using these as my winter tires and getting some nicer 16"s for summer.

^ Took off the belt guard and sanded off all the rust and painted. Added a custom upper intake tube connected to the stock air filter box at the moment.

^ The interior is super clean. I'm going to add a short shifter, new shift and parking boot, and a new knob.

^ Eventually I would like a roof rack. Makes it a lot easier to travel with all my gear.

^ I installed new fog lights but I am looking for a JDM front bumper with more aggressive over sized fog lights. Any suggestions?

Last edited by theSTOVE; 02-24-2013 at 03:52 PM..
Sponsored links