View Single Post
#14: 03-19-2012, 01:29 AM

Subies4Life
Title: Member
Car: 2009 Legacy 2.5I SparkSilver 5SPD
Send a private message to Subies4Life Find all posts by Subies4Life Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbtech View Post
Subaru needs to hire an interior designer. Don't get me wrong, I think the new Impreza/Forester interior is far better than the previous interiors, but if it's a different car it should be a different interior.

Just like the Legacy/Outback. It's a somewhat utilitarian looking interior - it works in the Outback, but the Legacy should have received something else.
The Foresters interior is nicer than the Impreza,Legacy and XV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmrdwn View Post
Some of Subaru's interior designs and choices could be better. You make an excellent point. Subaru is improving though lags behind. It might be due to the low MSRP and expense of putting in awd. I can't stand the seat fabric pattern and quality. The door cards, carpet and other interior materials are substandard too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbtech View Post
Subaru had a good interior in the 05 Legacy. It was on-par with the interior design in the 3 series at the time (before BMW went to that stupid flat dashboard) and, IMO, better than the A4 which was just full of VW bits.

If you look at anything from Hyundai these days, even affordable Fords, you'll see that good interior design isn't necessarily all that expensive.
The 05-09 Legacy dash design was beautiful and high quality i wish Subaru would have gone with the same shape for the new one but the current Legacy is a huge downgrade in materials and craftmanship.

Last edited by Subies4Life; 07-05-2013 at 10:48 PM..