View Single Post
#11: 03-16-2012, 01:07 PM

RyanGT
Title: Pony Rider
Car: 05 LGT RBP Wgn 5EAT;2010 Golf TDI DSG
Send a private message to RyanGT Find all posts by RyanGT Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxkita View Post
Judging by my VIN, I have the 3rd one built. I put money down in late May and took delivery in August 2004.

It was a DD for a few years, then demoted to dog carrier and weekend trips. Finally, just sitting there when the much hated prius arrived. On a whim, I went to a Driver Skills class put on the Porsche club. Then a HPDE day. Passing Porsches in wagon with snow tires had a certain appeal. Then I wanted better lap times. Before I blew up the engine, I had planned on upgrading the suspension a little bit and getting a tune. And buying a Porsche 944 track car.

Looking back on the year (its been a year, give or take a couple of days since the first skills day), I should have sold the wagon and bought a caged 944. I'd have been money ahead.

Then again, a 944 has nothing on a 3rd gear romp thru traffic at 6000rpm.
I bought mine in Sep 2004. Started my first track day on it in Sep 2008.

I thought you had just bought yours recently because you weren't active until fairly recently. Now it all makes sense b/c I would have bought a different car if I had wanted it to be a track toy. LGT wagons are fun to drive on the track but I think the length of the wheel base can be unwieldy especially on T3A/T3B at PR.
Originally Posted by LegGTLT View Post
I still think "5th Gen" is the most demotivational word... ever.