View Single Post
#1: 03-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Infamous turbo oil line install

ViscousSquirrel
Title: Senior Member
Car: 2011 WRX & 04 STI
Send a private message to ViscousSquirrel Find all posts by ViscousSquirrel Reply With Quote
Today I installed a BNR16g, infamous oil lines with filter, a Perrin inlet an up pipe, a down pipe, and a power steering pump. I found the infamous instructions lacking, and I didn't find the picture I was looking for when installing the oil lines. So I took a few shots with everything apart in hopes that they may aid someone else in te future.

The lines themselves are of fantastic quality, unlike every broken piece of brittle plastic under the hood. They don't leak and the fittings are top notch. I usually suggest Teflon tape on the threads of such things when installing them. The kit was absolutely complete otherwise. The small aluminum bracket that the holds the screw together filter canister is very nicely made and fits perfectly. I recommend putting some antisieze on te bolt that pinches the filter to hold it. It makes it go in a bit easier and will save you some hassel upon removal. the shorter of the two hoses included in the kit stacks a banjo bolt fitting on top of the one for the avcs on the front of the pass side valve cover. It comes with a nifty dual hole banjo bolt to feed each fitting. Ill try and load some pics of tr turbo side of the kit tomorrow. The turbo side keeps the stock banjo bolt in place and comes with a a cap to cap off the oil line that used to feed the turbo. Also of note, the oil flows from te front I the motor to the back into the turbo so make sure you have the arrow for direction f flow on the filter pointing toward the turbo. I'm spent... I'll add more tomorrow. In the interim here's the pictures I wish I had yesterday...

Here it is with the intake tube in place

Here is the cap It's the hexagonal bit of aluminum in the corner of the pic

And here is the turbo side of the kit

Last edited by ViscousSquirrel; 03-25-2012 at 05:33 PM.. Reason: Typing on an iPhone is a bitch
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ViscousSquirrel For This Useful Post:
2manysubies (03-18-2012), evokilla (11-13-2013), F1inspiredLGT (08-16-2013), goneskiian (03-14-2012), locolgt2.5 (05-12-2012), m sprank (03-25-2012), Rockgod (05-13-2013), SBT (11-16-2013)
Sponsored links