View Single Post
#13: 03-08-2012, 09:37 PM

scoobyscoodle
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: '09 swp spec.B - '06 OBXT-R.I.P.
Send a private message to scoobyscoodle Find all posts by scoobyscoodle Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimejoe View Post
Really? I was going to purchase the Whiteline LCA's to take care of that. Thoughts?

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_...sans_vehicle=1
I have the WL LCA set and they're great, but don't really solve any of the above issues. They DO allow you to get pretty much ANY camber/toe setting you desire at any ride height, and I also notice they are much stiffer. The price is a little high, but worth it IMO, if you already have a good amount of suspension work done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAC5.2 View Post
You flipped the spacers, right? Put them under the xmember and used the OB bolts?

I also think the upper rear link is different on the LGT, right?

Did you pull the spacers out of the front, too?
When I was first messing around with it I flipped the front pair (front of rear xmember) and removed the rear pair with shorter lgt bolts, because my avo rsb reinforcements wouldn't allow me to flip the rear.

Then I went ahead and removed the front pair but needed shorter bolts, new lgt trailing arm mount reinforcements (the J shaped brackets), and new lgt trailing arm mounts (the bracket the front of the trailing arm bolts to). This takes care of the rear and moves the wheel in the well where the lgt would be, because now the trailing arm is more parallel with the ground, as opposed to lower in the front like => / (if viewed from driver side)

I have not touched the front yet because I don't think it would make as big of a difference, but you need to remove the spacers between the front subframe and body, with shorter bolts; the spacers at the LCA rear bushing, and shorter studs there also; as well as a shorter UV joint for the steering rack which is lgt specific.

I know there are also differences with trans xmembers and driveshafts but I changed none of that, and have zero driveline vibration or any issues there.

Last edited by scoobyscoodle; 03-08-2012 at 09:39 PM..