I agree with nearly all comments here. What about adding an incentive to get vendors more active in the community. I assume vendors pay a periodic fee to retain their vendor status. What about reducing or waiving the fee for vendors who add to the community by one of the following:
- Develop a new product (actually deliver a new product, not just a never ending development thread
- Provide a detailed how-to with lots of pictures/video
- Actively participate in competition or sponsor forum members in competitions (racing, show & shine, SPL, etc.)
- Provide some sort of highlight for American-made (US/Canada) vendors. This would be for vendors who have their manufacturing done in America or who primarily sell American-made parts
- Provide a behind the scenes look at their business (office, warehouse, manufacturing)
- Provide a periodically updated "A day in the life of a vendor" series. Most of us have no idea how they spend their time. This would help some of us not get anxious when we don't immediately get a response to our question.
- Vendors who are actively involved in charities