View Single Post
#13: 03-03-2012, 11:29 AM

blongo804
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: 05 Kinugawa TD06SL2/18g 5EAT
Send a private message to blongo804 Find all posts by blongo804 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryo View Post
I had the delightful experience of trying to install an fms uppipe a customer brought to me.

1. Gaskets were not even cut right and would not even fit over their own supplied studs.
2. Gaskets were the worst set I have seen supplied with any aftermarket up pipe kit *floppy composite material *

3. Studs supplied with kit were about a quarter inch too long and got in the way of re-installing downpipe.

Sealed up with no leaks BUT I have done countless uppipes and this was by far the worst experience I have had with any up pipe install yet

In simple terms, stay away.

Btw shouldn't this thread be in the product review section?

Dave
Thank you for saying it all for me ^

As for my own review, i'll be doing the CNT catted DP for 5EAT's.

To keep this short and sweet, I loved mine since the day I got it. The finish on it was great, welds looked perfect, flange was thick, CNT tag on the top was also nice. When it came to fitting it, it fit just as good as it looked. We put this DP and my Stromung exhaust on the same day, and they both fit equally as OEM fitting. We had no trouble getting the DP to fit and i've been happy with it ever since!
The Following User Says Thank You to blongo804 For This Useful Post:
LosAngelesLGT (03-04-2012)