View Single Post
#13: 03-01-2012, 12:50 PM

ClimberD@HexMods
Title: 5EAT Performance Vendor
Car: 05 LGT 5EAT
Send a private message to ClimberD@HexMods Find all posts by ClimberD@HexMods Reply With Quote
I should have read your post completely before I responded. Shame on me.
Your question was answered by bmx045. AVCS is actuated by oil pressure, so no oil pressure = AVCS CEL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmp View Post
...so what would that mean? - edit - so you're saying the CEL would come up from oil pressure? gotcha.
I am curious whether your oil pressure light came on at all. It is literally a basic pressure switch without ECU logic. Usually when it comes on, even if only for a second, it means you have a very serious problem. If yours did not come on, then oil pressure stayed above 2psi. Not necessarily enough to keep metal off metal, but you may have a chance.

As others have said, drain the oil and see what you get. One thing I notice on here is people will cold start the car after such an incident. That can be what actually kills the engine for good, since the metal in the oil is filtered when warm, but NOT when cold and the filter is in bypass mode. If there is metal in your oil pan, and you cold start, you're sucking it right into the motor. Anyways, good luck.

Radically improve 05-07 5EAT shifting and power limits with the
HexMods F1 Valve Body
service! Read More