View Single Post
#198: 02-27-2012, 10:29 PM

robertsm99
Title: Senior Member
Car: '08 Spec-B
Send a private message to robertsm99 Find all posts by robertsm99 Reply With Quote
I don't see how a car company could base their electronics on whether or not your seatbelt is buckled after all these years. an airbag is a supplement restraint system (SRS) as was defined a long time ago. For them to base whether the air bag goes off on the fact your seat belt is buckled or not is opening them up to a lot of lawsuits or so I'd figure. If you think about it, the passenger side airbag is based on weight not if the seatbelt is buckled or not, that's why there's a light that says whether the airbag is on or off. If a 50lbs person is sitting in the passenger seat and not buckled it's not going to set off the airbag because the weight isn't sufficient to set the airbag, which I'm pretty sure is going to be the same application for the driver's side.
And as I posted previously on how to disable the passenger side chime, the airbag light doesn't turn on unless there's sufficient weight in on the passenger side to trigger the airbag to turn on, so I can't imagine it any different for the drivers side

Last edited by robertsm99; 02-27-2012 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: need to add a comment