View Single Post
#5: 02-01-2012, 03:16 PM

rootrider
Title: Contributor
Car: '95 e36 m3, '04 530i sport, VW is sold
Send a private message to rootrider Find all posts by rootrider Reply With Quote
They had flaggers at every station except for 3B.. they did a good job there.

The instructor was free.. last week he was a long time PCA & BMWCCA instructor that I'd seen around before.. nice guy

They had cones out very similar to NWARC's, showing apex, turn-in, and exit mostly.. along with some defining track location. From what little I've seen of proformance, their cones sometimes control your line a bit more... there's none of that here.

This is a lapping day at PR, but at about 1/4 the price per session. The intention is to allow people an opportunity to test out cars, settings, etc. I was playing with my rebound settings, brake cooling, and weight in the rear of the car. But in the end, people are just lapping.

Also.. passing: it's point-by anywhere. If you're comfortable pointing someone by in the middle of a turn, and with them doing it safely, then go ahead. They only asked us to not pass around 5a/5b. Most people just let others pass on the straight, from 2 to 3a, 3b to 5, and 6 to 8.