View Single Post
#1: 01-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Pacific Raceways road course Test-n-Tune events

rootrider
Title: Contributor
Car: '95 e36 m3, '04 530i sport, VW is sold
Send a private message to rootrider Find all posts by rootrider Reply With Quote
Pacific Raceways had a 'winter series' of road course TNT's late last year, and they're now holding their 'spring series'. I suppose its' a way for them to see the track used when clubs normally aren't using the track.

I went last Saturday.. they only had enough cars for two groups (even then.. it was only about 5 - 8 cars on track most of the time), so we ran every 30 minutes, with a short break for lunch. I ended up with around 3.5 hours of track time for $125.. and I skipped out on the last two sessions. Most Pacific Raceways lapping days cost $250 or more, and give you maybe 1:20 - 2 hours of track time. This is by far the best deal you'll find.

It's a fairly open setup.. they didn't tech cars or ask about experience. I did provide my experience when I registered via email, so that might have done it for them. They did have an instructor available for people who aren't very familiar with Pacific Raceways.

They basically expect you to be solo qualified somewhere.. and you need your own helmet and gloves. You can't have anything loose in the car either, of course.

full schedule and information is here: http://www.pacificraceways.com/Schedule.aspx

coming up:
Feb 4th (Sat)
Feb 11th (Sat)
Feb 19th (Sat)
Feb 26th (Sun)
March 3rd (Sat)
March 17th (Sat)
March 24th (Sat)

Quote:
Pacific Raceways Spring Series Road Course TNT
Day of Registration: $125
Spectators: FREE

To Register, Please Call (253) 639-5927 or e-mail kerstyn@pacificraceways.com

RAIN or SHINE

Saturday March 24th

Daily Schedule Times
Gates Open 7:30am
Registration 8:00am-3:00pm
Technical Inspection 8:00am-3:00pm
Mandatory Driver’s Meeting 8:30am
Track Open 9:00am
Track Closed 4:30pm

TNT Groups: Novice, Intermediate-Advances, and Pro (open and closed wheel

Driver Requirements:
All drivers must show current, legal driver’s license
All drivers must explain their on-track experience

more information:
http://www.pacificraceways.com/sched...ourse_TNT.aspx

to register, I emailed Kerstyn. She responded with a form that I filled out and sent in (called in my billing info.. sorry, sending credit card information via email is stupid) along with my experience and club memberships. Then I just showed up, emptied my car out, listened the quick driver meeting, and got on track.

I suggest getting into the Novice group unless you have a super fast car and are experienced. The Novice group this last weekend was more like an intermediate group in some of the other lapping days I've attended.. and intermediate was more the advanced group.

some good photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/phattyd...ed/2012/01/30/

there were no Subaru's there this last Saturday.. feel free to change that

I'll go out there again if other people here are going..

photos of my car from this weekend:

Sponsored links