View Single Post
#41: 01-13-2012, 08:39 AM

SCHM1AN
Title: Poo-Flinging Monkey
Car: 09 FXT Ltd, 03 Impreza OB-S
Send a private message to SCHM1AN Find all posts by SCHM1AN Reply With Quote
On my Legacy, I drained the rear diff fluid then attacked the front. I jacked the car up and drained some fluid, then filled the front diff. I drove back from my friend's house and after about 10 minutes the car started to sound like a train in the distance. I went through the vacation pictures to go through my process and quickly figured out that I had drained the front diff, but put diff fluid in the tranny... No fluid in the diff, and an extra quart or two in the tranny.

On my friend's Trailblazer we were replacing brake pads and rotors, and could not get the rear discs off. Banged with a hammer for close to half-an-hour, then went to the hardware store to get a mallet. We got back and realized he left his E-brake on. So he released the E-brake and we get back to work, replace everything in the rear, then set the car back down. I'm walking around the front of the truck and it starts barrelling toward me (there's a trailer 5 ft behind me) so I try to stop it while my buddy jumps in and hits the brakes. Scary stuff there