View Single Post
#242: 01-02-2012, 12:20 AM

PutnamCO
Title: Contributor
Car: 06 LGT BNR 68HTA E85 6MT
Send a private message to PutnamCO Find all posts by PutnamCO Reply With Quote
I have been following this thread for a long time, with the hopes of someday being a part of it. I am finally planning a motor build, and would like some advice. My car is about to hit 100k, and I'm putting down 345whp/385wtq, hitting 22psi on my BNR 68hta. My LGT is my only car, I drive it hard, and go to the track 5-10x a year. My intent with the build is to insure against blowing my engine in the next few years. I do not anticipate upping the boost significantly, I just want to make my car more reliable given my current power.

Here's my list so far:
ARP head studs
Wossner 4032 alloy pistons (would like to go with these because of the huge ringlands)
OEM gasket and seal set
STI oil pump, 11mm
ACL rod/main bearings
Gates water pump (Installed the timing belt kit 7k ago, so would need just the pump)
Cam sprocket covers
KillerB baffle tray
KillerB pick-up (if stocker isn't in great shape)

Maybe (should I or shouldn't I replace the following):
Replace rods with OEM replacements
Replace crank with 08+ nitrided STI crank (I found one locally with 18k for $150, but am hesitant about buying a used one)

Budget-wise, I cannot afford much more for parts, but if there is anything else I should replace while I have everything apart, please let me know. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by PutnamCO; 01-02-2012 at 08:50 AM..