View Single Post
#11: 12-27-2011, 02:23 PM

cryo
Title: Authorized Tuning Vendor
Car: 06 spec.b CornfedHTA68 CryoTuned 11 STi
Send a private message to cryo Find all posts by cryo Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05COLEGGT View Post
I'd be curious to know what types of things were tuned compared to a COBB OTS Stage 2 map. I'm about to install a Perrin Downpipe and do the Bulletproof mod on my stock TMIC. I've got the stock turbo and injectors so I'd be curious.
Well the OP went from a standard cobb stage 2 OTS map to a protune to my custom stage 2 roadtune. My base maps are built pretty much from the ground up off the factory calibration so I cant really compare them to anyone elses. I do my best to make sure everything is smooth and safe while making good power and people seem to be pretty happy with the outcome.

A dyno tune or road tune will almost always perform better *ie safety and power* when someone is able to make adjustments based on how your specific car responds to the modifications. Sometimes you get lucky and things are spot on but it doesnt happen very often expecially at altitude.

The thing to keep in mind for your car at this altitude as well is that with a simple fuel pump upgrade you can get away with an e-85 tune in the future too. That normally nets quite a bit of useable torque around town and a decent bump in HP.

Sspeed - yeah happy to see we got the bung out of the ceramic DP and were able to take wideband readings, that could have been bad. Nice car and cant wait to see you enjoying it again.

Dave