Originally posted by LegacyGT97 on sl-i. LINK HERE
DIY Stubby Antenna
I have had this stubby antenna on my car for about 2 weeks now and love the way it looks and preforms.
It was a little pricey at about $13.00 Canadian shipped.
*This did not decrease the reception on my radio at all. This might differ from car to car so beware.
What You Will Need
1x stubby antenna
1x 10mm open end box end wrench
1x random small bolts
Here Is How You Do It
1. Unscrew the silver garnish around the antenna.
2. Open your trunk up and pull the carpeting up so that you can see the jack and the antenna motor. Then remove the jack.
3. With your 10mm open end box end wrench undo the bolt that holds the antenna motor in.
4. Pull the antenna accessibly out.
5. Pull the antenna out to its max, place in mast down where the antenna mast goes into the motor and tighten the vice. Then start pulling like mad till the mast pulls out.
6. Replace the motor into the trunk of your car, make sure to plug the antenna lead back in. (No need for the power plug)
7. Re-bolt your antenna motor back in and replace carpet.
8. Take your chrome garnish and antenna with supplied threads and find a bolt that will thread onto one of the threads supplied. When you do find one make sure that it fits inside the chrome garnish.
9. Screw all the pieces into the stubby antenna.
10. Replace the base over the antenna and then screw your new stubby antenna onto the base and screw into the antenna base.
11. Sit back and enjoy your new antenna!
I Hope this helped and hope it turned out as good as mine did.