Fog Lights On With Parking Lights
Originally posted by Zues Marine here.
- 10mm Socket
- Wire Clippers
- Quick Wire Connectors or soldering gun
- This guide shows you how to wire your fogs to run whenever your parking lights do, as far as i know this is an illegal mod in all states so do this at your own risk.
- Trace the wires from your fog lights back around 6" and cut them so you have a good amount of wire to work with. Strip the ends of the wire about .3" you can now pull or hide the wiring from your OEM switch as you will not be needing it afterwards.
- Unbolt the three 10mm bolts securing the headlight to the radiator support
- Pull out the headlight at an angle, be careful not to pull to hard, as the the rod near the turn sigle is somewhat delicate
- Rotate the turn signal counter clockwise to disengage from the headlight and let the bulb hang over your bumper
- Run a length of wire from the turn signal bulb to the wires you stripped from the fogs. connect the wires and thread them through to your signals
- Using your quick connectors, tap into the parking signal wires like this: (blue connectors in the picture)
fog wire purple tapped into parking light red
fog wire black tapped into parking light black
fog wire green to parking light red
fog wire black to parking light black
- Test, clean up the wires, reassemble and enjoy