View Single Post
#11: 11-18-2011, 07:44 PM

urfsin
Title: 2x Rally X Champ
Car: Grocery Getter
Send a private message to urfsin Find all posts by urfsin Reply With Quote
I would like to know more about your coilovers. (I am curious because I have the Megan Racing ones) Are they the Outback specific? What spring rates did you go with? Did you cut down or take off your rear bump stops? What setting did you use for the track? (clicks from full hard) What setting do you use on the street? (clicks from full hard) Lastly, what is your overall impression with them?

I have done a few track days in my Outback as well. I am about the same ride height as you. For track I use I went 5 or so clicks back from full hard all around if I remember correctly....it's been awhile. I usually go full soft for street use, 32 clicks back from full hard. But after my last auto x event, I left my set up the way it was and it's working OK on the street. (20 clicks back in front and only 12 clicks back in the rear) I find that the Megan's quick bump reaction is harsh, but the slow bump is nice. Overall if the road is smooth, like most race tracks and auto x events the coilovers work really well. When the roads have lots of small bumps though, the Megans struggle.