View Single Post
#1: 11-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Subaru Advanced Tourer Concept - Preview of the Next Generation Legacy!!

oddseth
Title: Senior Contributor
Car: 2008 Spec.B
Send a private message to oddseth Find all posts by oddseth Reply With Quote
Allright, guys, Subaru announced several exciting concepts and unveilings at the upcoming Tokyo Auto Show next month and among them is the new Advanced Tourer Concept. This concept is most likely a preview of the technology and design for the next generation legacy.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/07/s...-bow-in-tokyo/

I love the new design as a wagon with its muscular wheel arches and stance, 6-point grill, and attractive and sensible rear end. I hope the bold design language translates to the production version unlike the Impreza Concept, which was really great but lead to a bland and very watered down version in the 2012 Impreza. This concept looks very upscale and masculine and as long as it is not a barge, might be a great replacement for my 2008 Spec.B.

Looks like it will be powered by a 1.6L H-4 turbo coupled to an electric motor and a CVT. Engineers have said that this combination of small turbo-4 and electric motor can be tuned to rival the 260 hp of the current Legacy GT. I am hoping that they take the 2.0L DI H-4 from the BRZ coupe and throw a turbo on it for likely more than 300hp (and proper mechanically shifted 6-speed) and a torque curve flatter than Kate Hudson's chest! What do you guys think?
Sponsored links